Halloween Challenge 2015
Welcome to our Halloween 2015 challenge: Tales from the Crypt! Running October 5 -November 1.
At the beginning of each week we will post the weekly spooky theme on this page. It’s then up to you to find and claim a book for that category that will represent your Halloween costume. You will have one week to select, read, and review each book. At the end of each week, one random reader will be selected to win a $10 Amazon gift card and winner of best costume will be selected (bragging rights). At the end of the month, one randomly selected participant (from among everyone who has read at least one book) will be selected to win a “grand prize.” To be eligible for the grand prize, you do not have to read the book in one week. All that is required is to complete one weekly themed book at some point in the month of October.
But there’s a catch… Just like at real parties where it’s a bad thing to show up wearing a costume that someone else is wearing, reading the same book is a no-no. Once someone has claimed a specific book, no one else may read that book. So it’s up to you to check the comments section on this page to make sure you don’t read a book that has already been claimed.
- You can start reading once you have claimed your book and the moderators have confirmed that it isn’t a duplicate. Post a brief review of your book in the comments section of the challenge page and you will be eligible to win a prize.
- books can be horror, thriller, supernatural, mystery, classic literature, or Halloween themed but they must match the theme of the week. They can be YA, adult, nonfiction, graphic novels, poetry, or any other genre of your choice as long as they match the theme.
- There is no page minimum or page maximum.
- Books must be read and reviewed before the end of the week for the weekly prize draw. For grand prize you must read the book before the end of the month. Reviews can be posted on the Halloween challenge page.
- Fellow Bloggers: If you read a book for this competition, you can post your links to your reviews in the comments section and please link back to the challenge on your own reviews.
- You may sign up at any time during the challenge but you must complete the book for any given theme within the week of the theme to be entered into the raffle for the weekly draw.
Week 1: Dead Things
Week 2 (to be announced October 12):
Week 3: (to be announced October 19):
Week 4: (to be announced October 26):