Winter Scavenger Hunt
1. Create a comment thread for yourself on this page where you will keep track of your own score and update your progress. You can simply start a comment title “xx’s Scavenger Hunt tally” and then as you progress through the challenge you can update your own score by replying to your own initial comment. I have added a comment for myself so you can get a sense of what I mean.
2. Check out (and bookmark) our Wikia page. You can use this page to post your photo proof OR if you are on twitter, you can post your photo proof under the hashtag #rrscavengerhunt OR if you prefer Facebook, you can post your evidence on our Facebook page.
3. Daily clues/items will be posted on this page (twitter and the Wikia page).
4. Pick where you want to start, search for the perfect book to fit that item/clue, and start reading. You must read a book for each item to cross that number off your list.
5. When you complete the book: post the book title, corresponding item number, star rating, 1-3 sentence review, and current tally (e.g., x/31 completed) on this page along with a link to any required photo proof that you posted on either our wikipage, Facebook, or twitter.
6. 31 items will be posted with last update December 31st. You will have until December 31, 2016 to complete as many of the items as you wish.
7. Prizes will be announced at the end of the challenge. Prizes will be awarded to the person who reads the most books and to one randomly selected winner. Certain items/clues also contain hidden prizes for the person who picks the best book for that item. So, choose wisely!
Dec 2: A book that is listed at #4 on a list (goodreads, 1001, bestseller, blogger list etc.) You must provide link to your list.
Dec 3: A book by an author who has interacted with you on social media or by mail. More details here. Photo proof required.
Dec 4: A book featuring water (sea, lake, pond, etc.) on the cover. Photo proof of cover required.
Dec 5: A book with a beautiful cover. Photo proof required. More details (that you should read) about this item here.
Dec 6: A book with a number in the title.
Dec 7: A book by an author from a country we have featured in one of our Around the World posts.
Dec 8: A literary excursion. Read about it here.
Dec 9: A book with symbols or shapes on the cover
Dec 10: Find this symbol on one of our blog posts: 💜. Read a book by that author. Already read them all? Do a search for authors similar to X and read book by that author. Read full instructions here.
Dec 11: A book with a purple cover. Over 50% of the cover must be purple not just splash of color. Photo proof of cover required.
Dec 12: Library excursion. This task requires courage and openness to possibly read outside your comfort zone. Photo proof required. Read what you have to do here.
Dec 13: A book with animals on the cover. Photo Proof required.
Dec 14: A book with a terrible/ugly cover. Photo proof required. Read full instructions here.
Dec 15: A book with exactly 324 pages. Photo proof required of last page that shows page number.
Dec 16: A book signed by the author. Photo proof of signature page required.
Dec 17: A book that was read by another participant for one of our challenges (this challenge included). Check out the comments section of each challenge in challenge menu to find the books.
Dec 18: A self-published or Indie published book
Dec 19: Little free library excursion. Photo proof required.
Dec 20: An Illustrated book. Photo proof required of an illustrated page. Some restrictions so read instructions here.
Dec 21: A book with no images on the cover. Photo proof required.
Dec 22: A book with main character who either shares your initials or your first name. No photo proof required.
Dec 23: Judge a book by its cover part 3. A funny cover. Photo proof of cover is required.
Dec 24: Support your local indie bookstore. Instructions here. Photo proof required.
Dec 25: Our version of a gift exchange. Read the instructions here. No photo proof required.
Dec 26: A book with fruit on the cover. Photo proof of cover required.
Dec 27: A book that has a map inside. Photo proof required of map page.
Dec 28: A book reviewed on blog that BW and I have given different ratings. No photo proof required. Must add a comment to the post stating with reviewer you agree with!
Dec 29: The sky at night. A book with stars or moon on cover. Photo proof of cover is required.
Dec 30: Art on the cover. Read full instructions here. Photo proof of cover is required.
Dec 31: Book published during one of the challenge months (dec 2015 – March 2016).