Tales from the Crypt Reading Challenge
After the intense summer reading challenge we wanted to do something a little more chill for our next one. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays; so what better way to enjoy the season than with some holiday themed reading? We hope you join us for our newest challenge: Tales from the Crypt.
The challenge will officially begin on October 5 and end on November 1. Participants can opt to read anywhere from 1-4 books total for the course of the challenge. Here’s how it will work:
Think of this challenge as attending a weekly costume party. At the beginning of each week we will post the weekly spooky theme on our challenge page (under “challenges” menu bar). It’s then up to you to find and claim a book for that category that will represent your Halloween costume. You will have one week to select and read each book. At the end of each week, one random reader will be selected to win a $10 Amazon gift card and winner of best costume will be selected (bragging rights). At the end of the month, one randomly selected participant (from among everyone who has read at least one book) will be selected to win a “grand prize.”
But there’s a catch… Just like at real parties where it’s a bad thing to show up wearing a costume that someone else is wearing, reading the same book is a no-no. Once someone has claimed a specific book, no one else may read that book. So it’s up to you to check the comments section to make sure you don’t read a book that has already been claimed.
- You can start reading once you have claimed your book and the moderators have confirmed that it isn’t a duplicate. Post a brief review of your book in the comments section of the challenge page and you will be eligible to win a prize.
- books can be horror, thriller, supernatural, mystery, classic literature, or Halloween themed but they must match the theme of the week. They can be YA, adult, nonfiction, or any other genre of your choice as long as they match the theme.
- Books must be read and reviewed before the end of the week. Reviews can be posted on the Halloween challenge page.
- Fellow Bloggers: If you read a book for this competition, you can post your links to your reviews in the comments section and please link back to the challenge on your own reviews.
- You may sign up at any time during the challenge but you must complete the book for any given theme within the week of the theme to be entered into the raffle for the prize.
We hope you will join us! I have to admit, I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to reading scary books but I will try to expand my comfort zone along with all of you. Check back on October 5 for the announcement of the first weekly theme. So who’s in?